As a title insurance professional, your time is spent navigating property transactions. On any given day, you’re tasked with managing closing processes, ensuring data security, and staying updated with local, state, and federal real estate laws.
To help professionals like yourself stay ahead of the game, there are numerous title production software tools, such as Qualia. Qualia is one of the most innovative real estate software platforms on the market. It’s known for its secure connectivity and ease of use, as the software is hosted on the cloud and works right out of the box.
“I can’t say enough about [Qualia] Connect and the benefits of having it at our fingertips. It’s really allowed us to stay not only relevant but ahead of the curve.”
– Debbie Brooks, Vice President of Prominent Title, on using Qualia
While it’s easy to use right after purchasing, maximizing the adoption of all of Qualia Core’s features and getting the most value out of it is an industry-wide challenge. IDC predicts that through 2024, shortcomings in training efforts will prevent 65% of businesses from achieving full value from cloud, data, and automation investments.
We want you to be among the 35% of businesses that do see maximum value. And we believe that equipped with these Qualia real estate best practices, you will be poised to start doing so. Below, we break down some of the best practices of using Qualia for both seasoned title professionals and those new to the field.
Best Practice #1: Use Qualia Connect
Qualia Connect is a secure portal designed specifically for the complexities of real estate transactions. It facilitates seamless communication between all parties involved – from real estate agents and buyers to lenders and title companies.
Protected by Multi-Factor Authentication (MFA), one of the most effective cybersecurity solutions, Qualia Connect eliminates risks associated with emails or unsecured messaging platforms. By using Qualia Connect, you’ll see faster closing times, improved client satisfaction, and a significant reduction in errors.
Best Practice #2: Implement Strong Password Policies
People still use the same password for everything. While this makes things easy to remember, it remains a high-security risk. After all, the title insurance sector deals with mountains of sensitive client information and large financial transactions.
The strength of your passwords is a thin line between secure data and a potential security breach. Here are some tips on how to create a strong password policy for Qualia real estate professionals.
- Mandate that all passwords used are a mix of letters (both uppercase and lowercase), numbers, and symbols.
- Set a policy for regular password updates, such as every 60 to 90 days.
- Use password management tools.
- Use a unique password for your Qualia account – not a common password that you use for other accounts.
These simple steps can be transformative for your security. Similar to other tools you might use, Qualia offers an extra layer of security with two-factor authentication. Single Sign-On (SSO) is available, but unfortunately, it is currently reserved for Enterprise licenses. We would love to see Qualia make this identity feature made available at all license levels.
Best Practice #3: Educate and Train Your Title Company Staff
Similar to passwords, much of Qualia’s real estate security lies in the hands of your employees who use it regularly. Are you offering continuous education and training to stay ahead of new security threats? The real estate industry has seen an uptick in wire fraud in recent months, so it’s important to be proactive.
Take these steps to make sure your approach to the education of your staff is holistic and assured. Doing so will help you stay ahead of title hackers.
- Develop Written Procedures: Update your company’s written procedures to reflect the latest practices in Qualia’s document preparation, closing processes, and wire verification.
- Educate Employees on ALTA Best Practices: Regular training sessions on the latest ALTA best practices keep your team up to date on compliance standards, ethical guidelines, and processes.
- Implement Regular Training Sessions: Schedule repeating training sessions, workshops, or webinars. This encourages a work environment where continuous learning and staying updated with industry trends is valued.
Creating a title company culture that values bettering itself – even in something that feels as small as Qualia software training – contributes to the overall health of an organization. Your employees are on the frontlines of real estate wire fraud. Train them to act how you would act.
Best Practice #4: Bolster Escrow Account Security
Many of these best practices revolve around security. Inherently, Qualia is a program that offers several features designed to enhance your overall digital security footprint. But you must be aware of them in order to use them.
- IP Whitelisting (Allowed IPs): You can set an Allowed IPs list, which means the Qualia software can only be accessed to known, trusted locations.
- Single Sign-On (SSO): SSO makes your life easier by enabling users to securely access multiple apps through a single set of credentials. You might recognize this feature if you use Microsoft 365. Qualia integrates with your SSO solution via Security Assertion Markup Language (SAML), which provides control over your authentication experience.
- Role-Based Access Control: You can create and assign specific roles. This ensures each user has only the necessary permissions for their job.
These features – in addition to ALTA best practices such as using positive pay / reverse positive pay for payments – make for a highly secure escrow account. You can trust your real estate transactions are handled with the highest level of security and efficiency within Qualia.
Best Practice #5: Leverage Qualia’s Automation Features
Security is only one piece of the puzzle. Automation is the future, and Qualia’s real estate software offers numerous tools in this department. It can automate tasks such as document generation, task assignments, and status updates. This streamlines your processes by eliminating time-consuming, manual data entry.
Harnessing automation goes beyond the concept of title process efficiency, too. Automating repetitive tasks means you or your team can focus on more complex and impactful thinking. In a world where employee disengagement is on the rise, automation tools can help title employees avoid parts of their jobs they don’t like. Then, they can be more motivated and have more time to help push your title company into the future.
Unlock the Full Potential of Your Investment in Qualia Real Estate Software
Small changes can add up to big results. Taking the time to ensure you and your staff are educated on Qualia real estate best practices ensures you’re squeezing the most juice out of your software.
At Premier One, we’ve helped title leaders navigate the rough waters of title production software for decades. Now we’d like to help you. Interested in learning how? Learn about the Premier One approach.